Labor Relations in 2013
What Health Care Industry Employers Should Know Now! (A Webcast Series)
Part III: When Union Organizing Trumps Patient Care – Aggressive Contract Management Tactics
Thursday, March 28, 2013
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT/ 9:00 am – 10:00 am PDT
Registration Is Complimentary! Webcast Space Is Limited!
To register, please click here.
Please join Epstein Becker Green’s Labor & Employment practitioners for a discussion focusing on new and more aggressive tactics and strategies being employed by health care industry unions.
In Part I and Part II of the series, we reviewed tactics that health care unions, including the SEIU, CNA/NNU and NUWH, have been using to organize new union members and tactics employed during the negotiating process. This next webcast will offer insight into union activities and practices used during the contract management period and offer defensive solutions for employers.
Epstein Becker Green attorneys will discuss:
• Just cause for discipline: building a winning case
• Managing layoffs and recalls
• Exercising management rights
• Grievances and arbitrations
• Contract interpretation and past practice
• Unfair labor practices
• Mid-term bargaining obligations, merit pay, and other economic strategies
• Managing union access, influence, and protests
• Building the record for successor negotiations
• The contract management plan
This web is complimentary. Webcast Space Is Limited. To register, please click here.
Part I and Part II webcast recordings are available if you missed the opportunity to participate. Please contact Elizabeth Gannon firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.